I have some nice and some not-nice things to say about Michelle Dean’s Sharp: The Women Who Made an Art Out Of Having an Opinion over at Christian Century. This was perhaps the book that my corner of Twitter was most excited to preorder last year: a group study of Hannah Arendt, Renata Adler, Joan Didion, Janet Malcolm, etc.? Sign us all up.
- New essay for HEDGEHOG: “What Is It Like To Be a Man”
- New piece on Michelle Dean’s SHARP
- New piece on Curtis Dawkins, THE GREYBAR HOTEL, prison writing …
- New piece on INFINITY WAR
- Preorder RED STATE BLUES!
- Guest Post at John Warner’s IHE Blog
- New piece at HEDGEHOG REVIEW; and a plea on behalf of an old building
- New piece on Emmanuel Carrere’s THE KINGDOM
- On Coates, Cultural Capital, and Remotism
- New review at CHRISTIAN CENTURY