I wrote about Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the surreal costumed-criminal films of the silent era, the birth of modern policing, and other things in this post at the Hedgehog Review‘s blog. I also reviewed Mark D. Jordan’s Teaching Bodies, a fascinating exposition of Aquinas, for the Century, and explained why I love Adam Roberts’s The Thing Itself for the Courier.
- Appearance on CULTURALLY DETERMINED
- New piece for THE OUTLINE on religion and certainty
- New essay for HEDGEHOG: “What Is It Like To Be a Man”
- New piece on Michelle Dean’s SHARP
- New piece on Curtis Dawkins, THE GREYBAR HOTEL, prison writing …
- New piece on INFINITY WAR
- Preorder RED STATE BLUES!
- Guest Post at John Warner’s IHE Blog
- New piece at HEDGEHOG REVIEW; and a plea on behalf of an old building
- New piece on Emmanuel Carrere’s THE KINGDOM