The current Hedgehog Review has a lot of good stuff in it—pieces by Eugene McCarraher, Elizabeth Bruenig, B.D. McClay, Mary Townsend, and others. So it’s an honor to be represented in this lineup. Here is my review of those books by J.D. Vance, Nancy Isenberg, and Arlie Russell Hochschild. You know: the three books that everybody wants to use to explain the rise of Trump.
- Appearance on CULTURALLY DETERMINED
- New piece for THE OUTLINE on religion and certainty
- New essay for HEDGEHOG: “What Is It Like To Be a Man”
- New piece on Michelle Dean’s SHARP
- New piece on Curtis Dawkins, THE GREYBAR HOTEL, prison writing …
- New piece on INFINITY WAR
- Preorder RED STATE BLUES!
- Guest Post at John Warner’s IHE Blog
- New piece at HEDGEHOG REVIEW; and a plea on behalf of an old building
- New piece on Emmanuel Carrere’s THE KINGDOM